Sunday, April 17, 2016

All 3's

It happened Friday morning on my way to St. Paul.


Headed to breakfast with Mike and Rod, I pulled over, pleased that it was a reasonable place to stop.  After breakfast with the guys it was time to get busy with our "Mom's House" project.  A busy morning, a lot was accomplished.  By early afternoon I'd had enough but before leaving the city, I needed to settle up with Marty for the new rear Ascot tire he mounted for me last week.


Saturday morning another trip to town, this time in the van to move more of mom's merchandise. An early drive up, in time to get the 400 Auto started for a coffee meet at Diamonds.  There earlier than expected, I made a big loop around a few big blocks and discovered these big blocks.



Mike's arrival on his Enfield car rig......





So Friday and Saturday the red one was warmed up, Sparkles as well.  This morning I met Eric down in Alma for breakfast, the yellow one was today's choice for a very thorough warm-up ride.


A rest stop on Pretzel Pass....



Trempealeau Wildlife National Refuge.....a hike out to the island to stretch our legs.


Pelicans were playing in the backwaters....


Home and then I fired up the Yamaha for a dinner ride...



There probably won't be much riding next weekend but in 2 weeks???

Slimey Crud Run!!

10 comments:

  1. How does your friend like his RE rig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom, see below :) I'm sure he'd be more than willing to get some advice.

      Delete
  2. ... it is a learn'n curve for " sidecar ". The rules are different.. you don't ride a sidecar..it's is driven. Turns ! ... right, gas on..left..gas off... it will take time to master the art of " sidecar ". I will do so in small progressive steps.
    It's a 500cc and does well within it's limited ponies under the gas tank. Cruis'n along at 50mph no problem..so any road with a capital " I " followed by a hyphen and two numbers.. NOT go'n to happen.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be fully learned by the time we're home from Road America.

      Delete
  3. Here I thought a Sportster and a Burgman would make quite the odd couple, but a Helix accompanied by a Beemer is quite hilarious, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, Eric as well as most everyone else has been very patient to be on the same road with me. They DO get questioned about it and seem to be very civil and kind in their response, at least when I'm listening.

      Delete
  4. I am impressed with the all 3's. Not only were you paying close enough attention you caught it, but you also managed to pull over to snap a pic. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy, I've seen 4's once, now if I could just do 5's!

      Delete
  5. Might be better to avert your eyes when you roll 6's.

    Yellow is the perfect colour for the helix. It you're going to wear something controversial it might as well scream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I agree that MY Helix should be yellow. Originally while shopping, the yellow ones and white ones were priorities. This yellow one seemed like it had Coop written all over it.

      Delete