Friday, January 22, 2016

Like Clowns In A Volkswagen


Only moments before Peg managed to snap her shutter, most if not all of these goofy creatures (the wing-ged ones) were in the tree. 

Peg texted, "Like a Disney movie"

I received it today while with a customer, I shared it and his response was, "One shot and I'd have all my Limits."  Certainly another perspective.

What we wonder is.....well, we wonder a number of things.  Why don't their wings suffer in such tightly knit branch spaces??  How can our poor little crab tree's limbs support these tubbies??  When they spook, they don't fall out of the tree; they fly.  A Chickadee I'd understand, but how do these bowling balls with wings manage that??

More of life's curiosities......

4 comments:

  1. A cornucopia of pilgrim dinners ... but I'm glad you've invited them to dinner and not to be dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all quite safe here and seem to know that. If they were really bothering us, I'm sure there's SOMEthing we could do, not sure what though. This is about the only thing our dogs were able to contribute.

      Delete
  2. A couple of rabbits in the picture would have made it Disney perfect.

    "Bowling balls with wings"... hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja,
      For some reason rabbits are very sparse here, maybe our coyote population, not sure. I left this morning at 5:30 for coffee with the guys in Mpls and it took more than a "hey!" to get the overweight racoon out of our tipped garbage can. With a game camera, we'd easily add a species.

      I can't take credit for the turkey description; a guy on the radio one day was describing what it was like to hit one with a car. They are not soft and fluffy under those conditions.

      Delete