Monday, March 4, 2013

Helix Is Ready

Fresh oil, important bolts tightened, anti-freeze topped up, air cleaner checked, new license tabs, headlight bulb automatically gets changed next year.  The clutch and driven unit were opened up, rollers looked at, belt checked for width and cracks, though I didn't expect to find anything wrong since '12 had seen the fewest Helix miles since I've owned it.

The Helix is off the lift; the Morphous is in the shop and getting defrosted.


The most exciting farkle added this year is my new, heavily technical Navigation System.  I'm still studying the manual but hope to have it mastered well enough in time for my first Spring ride.  Of course my Garmin is always along but I've only got the North American Map Set.  Once I get my new components calibrated and adjusted for World Skew, I'll have access to a great deal more than North America.....


7 comments:

  1. Like the state of the art Sat Nav in globe design ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, you're looking at the future of Universe navigation right there on my top box.

      Delete
  2. Coop:

    I like your ". . . new, heavily technical Navigation System" It's a bit small for my eyes. I can't see the icon.

    I also liked your large shop

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,
      I have to take my glasses off to see it very well......sort of a safety factor, to make no mention of the fact that it's behind me. Long range planning I guess??

      Delete
    2. Thanks, there used to be a couple of CNC machine tools in there. Now it's storage around the outer edge. I've got two bikes in there now besides the one on the lift.

      Delete
  3. I don't know what made me chuckle more the globe or the Ducati sticker. I can see how both serve a purpose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy,
      You know by now that I like to have some fun. I went from showing up everywhere on the Ducati to showing up on the Helix. My friends were concerned, wondering if I'd possibly bumped my head.....or something.

      Friend Tom came over, was curious and mid-sentence happened to look down and see the yellow sticker. He got a big smile and never did finish his question.

      Delete