Monday, January 30, 2012

Slimey Crud May 2011

The Slimey Crud Run motorcycle event happens each year on the first Sunday of both May and October as it has since the early '70's. The first weekend of May, 2011 I changed things up a bit and instead of riding the ~450 miles round trip to the event on Sunday, I trailered my Honda Ascot (Tran Zalp) over to Reedsburg very early on Saturday so that I could do some early season riding in beautiful Sauk County.

It was a very cool (cold) weekend, there was frost every morning so I wasn't starting my riding quite as early as I'd have liked.  Late Saturday morning at the Reedsburg motel......


Camp Hill Road.....


The switchbacks on Camp Hill Road, steeper than they look......


Sunday morning, very crisp and cool, on my way to Pine Bluff.....


Brotherhood Lane, almost to Pine Bluff.....


Made it....





On to Leland, nice to see that the pond is back.  Some of the first arrivals.......








About as crowded as it got.....


I left Leland and found some great roads on the way back to Reedsburg.  I put the bike back on the trailer and headed towards home.......


No comments:

Post a Comment